Argentina Yerba Carob Wood Gourd
Argentina Yerba Carob Wood Gourd by OrganicNaturals at 365 Days Of Kindness. MPN: COMINHKG106850. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Brand new handmade mate gourd (cup) made from the fragrant Algarrobo or Carob wood. The interior is NOT treated or sealed. How to Cure a Mate Cup:
The interior is NOT treated or sealed.
How to Cure a Mate Cup:
1- Spread oil or butter around the inside walls of the mate cup to seal any pores.
2- Fill the mate with old, used yerba tea and leave for a few hours. If you don't have any used yerba, soak some fresh yerba in water and use that. Please use wet leaves, DON'T LEAVE SOAKING IN WATER, this will often lead to the splitting. Let it sit for a few hours then clean thoroughly to remove the yerba and oil.
3- You can now prepare a normal mate. Over time the gourd will absorb more and more flavor.
Do not use boiling water in the gourd as this may damage the wood and may lead to burns when your drink the yerba. Let the water cool down from the boil before you pour in the gourd.
Ongoing care of your wooden gourd:
- Remove used yerba and keep your mate dry, otherwise mold may form.
- Never leave your gourd soaking in water, this will cause it to split.
- The best way to allow to dry is to shake out all excess water and place it upside down on a drying rack.
- Never put in the dish washer
And that is how you cure and care for your wooden gourd.
Features & Highlights
- GREAT TRADITION: Use gourd to enjoy you favorite herba Mate tea beverage and join the great tradition of drinking Mate in gourds
- GREAT GIFT: For family, coworkers, or friends. This gourd makes a great gift to any Mate lover
- AUTHENTIC GOURD: Imported directly from Argentina
- Made from Algarrobo wood and polished to a smooth finish
- SIZE: 3.5 in. wide and 4 in. tall. Holds up to 5 ounces. Bombilla sold separately.
|Package Weight:||0.1 pounds|
|Package Size:||4.5 x 4.3 x 4.3 inches|